Standard VAT rate: 20%
Children’s car seats: 5%
£30 Minimum purchase amount
Who is eligible for Tax Free Shopping?
● If you have permanent residence in a non-EU country
● If you are a European Community resident intending to leave the United Kingdom for a destination outside the EU by the end of the third month after the month when you bought the goods. You must stay outside the EU for at least 12 months.
How to Shop Tax Free
For more on how to claim your tax refund, including how to fill in the Tax Free Form, click here
Stamping period: Issuing month + 3 months
Validity of stamped Form: no time limit if stamped
Customs offices are located at Heathrow and Gatwick airports.At other airports or ports Customs mail-boxes are available where the Tax Free Form can be left for stamping. Customs will then send the Tax Free Form to Global Blue for processing.For items exceeding £1,000, we recommend you contact a Customs official for goods inspection, using the telephone next to the Customs mailbox.
Tax Free goods:
Refunds are paid on all goods that are exported in the traveller’s personal luggage.
● Goods with 0% VAT (e.g. most food items, books, newspapers and magazines, children's clothes, special exempt items like equipment for the disabled people and car spare parts)
● New or used cars
● A boat you plan to sail to a destination outside the EU
● Goods worth more than £600 exported for business purposes
● Goods to be exported as freight
● Goods that need an export license - except antiques
● Unmounted gemstones
● Bullion over 125g, 2.75 troy ounces or ten Tolas
● Mail order goods, including Internet sales
● Goods used or partly used in the EU, such as perfume
● Service charges, such as hotel expenses
Completed Tax Free Forms which have been stamped by Customs can be sent to:
Standard and registered mail:
Global Blue P.O. Box 363, 810 00 Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe
Global Blue, Prievozska 4D/Block E, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe
If you have any questions
For frequently asked questions visit