Recent E.U. restrictive measures against Russia have prohibited to sell and export luxury goods to any Russia resident or for use in Russia.
This applies to shopping in the E.U. Norway and Switzerland.
There is no limitation on how Russian residents can pay in-store, except Visa and Mastercard cards issued in Russia are blocked.
Luxury goods are described as exceeding EUR 300 per item from the following categories:
- Perfumes, toilet waters and cosmetics, including beauty and make-up products
- Leather, saddlery and travel goods, handbags and similar articles
- Coats, or other garments, clothing accessories and shoes (regardless of their material)
- Carpets, rugs and tapestries, hand-made or not
- Pearls, precious and semi-precious stones, articles of pearls, jewellery, gold or silversmith articles
Russians living abroad can continue shopping Tax Free as usual.
Global Blue is working with our brand partners and Refund Offices to apply these changes immediately. Customers with questions should enquire in store or at a Global Blue Refund Office.
Official EU Council regulations can be found at the following link: COUNCIL REGULATION (EU) 2022/428