Standard VAT rate: 20%
Reduced VAT rate: 10% (foodstuffs, certain children’s supplies, medicine, water & books)
Minimum purchase amount: 10000 RUB per retailer and per calendar day
Who is eligible for Tax Free Shopping?
Travellers with passport issued by a foreign country outside the Eurasian Economic Union (Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia) and shopping in selected retailers officially communicated by the Ministry for Trade.
How to Shop Tax Free
For more details how to claim your tax refund, click here
Stamping period: 3 months from the date of purchase
Validity of stamped Form: 1 year from the date of purchase
Tax Free goods
Goods must be available for presentation at the Customs Validation Counter. Goods must be exported from the territory of the Russian Federation to outside of the Customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union within 3 months from the purchase date.
Excise goods like alcohol, tobacco and cars, certain oil products.
Important rules for the Tax Free Form
Remember, in order to claim the VAT refund , the Tax Free Form must be validated by Russian Customs.
Russian Customs can stamp your Russian Tax Free Form only at following exit points:
I. Car checkpoints
1. Mamonovo (RUS) - Grzechotki (POL)
II. Air checkpoints
5. Vladivostok – Vladivostok International Airport Knevichi (VVO)
6. Volgograd - Volgograd International Airport Gumrak
7. Ekaterinburg -Koltsovo Airport (SVX)
8. Zhukovsky International Airport (Moscow oblast)
9. Kazan – Kazan International Airport (KZN)
10. Kaliningrad - Khrabrovo (International Airport of Kaliningrad) (KGD)
11. Vnukovo - Vnukovo International Airport (Moscow)
12. Domodedovo - Domodedovo International Airport (Domodedovsky District, Moscow Oblast)
13. Sheremetyevo - Sheremetyevo International Airport (Moscow)
14. Nizhny Novgorod - Strigino International Airport (GOJ)
15. Rostov-on-Don - Platov (ROV)
16. Samara - Kurumoch International Airport (KUF)
17. St. Petersburg - Pulkovo International Airport (LED)
18. Saransk - Saransk International Airport (SKX) 19. Sochi - International Airport Sochi (AER)
III. Maritime checkpoints
20. Big port of St. Petersburg
22. Passenger port of St. Petersburg
Goods must be exported directly from Russia to non-EAEU* country within 3 months from the purchase date.
List of EAEU countries (Eurasian Economic Union): Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia.
e.g. If traveller is flying from Russia to China through Belarus, he won't get a customs stamp neither in Russia, nor in Belarus. The only possibility is re-exporting.
Completed Tax Free Forms which have been stamped by Russian Customs must be sent to:
Standard or registered mail:
Global Blue P.O. Box 363, 810 00 Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe
Global Blue, Prievozska 4D/Block E, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe
If you have any questions
For frequently asked questions visit