Standard VAT rate: 20%
Food and books: 10%
Minimum purchase amount: 75.01 EUR per day
Important changes at Vienna airport
● Travellers no longer need to go to Customs with their tax free goods. Tax Free Forms are now processed by the company “eValidation” located at Terminal 1 and 3 (landside). Airside locations are available as well – please follow the signage for “Tax Free” after check-in.
● Before check-in, travellers must first receive an export validation QR code by presenting their receipts, tax free forms and goods at the counters of “eValidation”.
● All mandatory fields on the Tax Free Form must be completed. Missing information will result in the Form being rejected.
● Please make sure your Tax Free Form includes: Full Name, Zip code, City, Country and Passport Number
● Once you have the export QR code, go to the counters of “Interchange” (located directly next to it at Terminal 1 and 3) to get your refund in cash or credit card.
● You can also take advantage of our mail-back service by sending your Tax Free Forms, Original receipts and matching QR-codes via our Global Blue Mailboxes located at the airport.
Please make sure that all information provided is correct and that all your forms, receipts and QR-codes are matching your validated goods.
Who is eligible for Tax Free Shopping?
● If you have permanent residence in a non-EU country
● If you are older than 18
How to Shop Tax Free
For more on how to claim your tax refund, including how to fill in the Tax Free Form, click here
Stamping period: Issuing month + 3 months
Validity of stamped Form: Issuing date + 3 years
Tax Free goods:
Refunds are paid on goods that are exported in the traveller’s personal luggage.
Only car equipment must be sealed and unused.
Non-refundable goods: Spare parts
Completed Tax Free Forms which have been stamped by Customs can be sent to:
Standard and registered mail:
Global Blue P.O. Box 363, 810 00 Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe
Global Blue, Prievozska 4D/Block E, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe
If you have any questions
For frequently asked questions visit