In 1868 Boston watchmaker Florentine Ariosto Jones founded the International Watch Company in Schaffhausen, bringing together inimitable Swiss watchmaking skills and the best of American production techniques. Jones was a pioneer in harnessing Swiss watchmaking expertise with the technological advancements of the time, revolutionising the world of fine watchmaking. Located on the banks of the river Rhine at the edge of the old town in Schaffhausen, the main factory now also houses the company’s headquarters and museum. When it opened in 1993, the museum was Switzerland’s first watch manufacturer with such a facility, and it offers an absorbing insight into IWC Schaffhausen’s history of innovation and craftsmanship. Today, the company continues to dazzle the horological world with new additions to its best-selling collections such as Portugieser, Ingenieur, Aquatimer, Da Vinci, Portofino and Pilot’s Watches.
IWC Schaffhausen, Baumgartenstrasse 15, 8201 Schaffhausen, +41 (0)52 635 6363