Standard VAT rate: 10%
Minimum purchase amount: 30,000 KRW
Who is eligible for Tax Free Shopping?
- If you have permanent residence outside South Korea
- If you are a foreign visitor to South Korea who stays for no longer than 6 months
- If you are a South Korean national living overseas for more than 2 years, who is visiting South Korea for no longer than 3 months
- If you do not receive a salary from a company located in South Korea.
- If you are not a member of cabin or flight crew working for Korea Flight Company
- If you are not a South Korean diplomat working in South Korea or overseas
- If you are not a foreign diplomat working in South Korea
How to Shop Tax Free
For more on how to claim your tax refund, including how to fill in the Tax Free Form, click here
- Located at Seoul Gimpo Airport, Daegu Airport and Incheon Aiport[Allen1]
- Export customs validation and cash refund can be received from a Kiosk if the refund amount is up to:
- 3000,000 KRW (Daegu Airport and Incheon Airport)
- 177,000 KRW (Gimpo Airport)
- If the refund amount is higher (or you want to receive the refund on your credit card), follow the usual process of obtaining a validation stamp from Customs and mailing back the Tax Free Form to us using the pre-paid envelope provided in store.
Tax Free goods:
Refunds are paid on goods that are exported in the traveller’s personal luggage
- Firearm, swords, and explosives
- Goods designated as heritage assets
- Addictive and habit-forming drugs
- Prohibited import and export goods
- Other items with 0% VAT, such as books, stamps, raw food products and etc.
Completed Tax Free Forms which have been stamped by Customs can be sent to:
Global Blue Korea Co. Ltd.
6th Floor. Yellow Ballon Bldg,
31, Soopyo-ro, Jung-gu, 04552
If you have any questions
For frequently asked questions visit