These terms and conditions set out the rules for you, as a foreign traveller (“you” or “your”), to claim back your VAT/GST refund (“Refund”) from Global Blue (“we” or “us”) using a Global Blue tax free form (“TFS Form”) in relation to the goods that you have purchased.
- You must ensure all mandatory fields on your TFS Form have been correctly completed. Before your departure, you are responsible for providing the completed TFS Form, along with the goods, at the Customs counter at the departure terminal for Customs verification and certification. If you need to get any additional Customs approval to claim your Refund, you will be responsible for seeking this approval.
- You must post your TFS Form, showing the Customs stamp to us in a Global Blue envelope OR deposit your TFS Form at the central Global Blue refund counter if there is one located at the departure terminal a list of which can be found here. Global Blue reserves the right, in exceptional circumstances, to choose an appropriate refund method at is reasonable discretion. We will not be responsible for any TFS Forms or other documentation which is lost prior to receipt by Global Blue.
- If you receive a Refund from Global Blue in advance obtaining Customs approval, you are responsible for obtaining the Customs approval and sending the TFS Form to Global Blue within the specified period of the purchase date. If you fail to do so, you agree that Global Blue can reverse your Refund.
- At all times any Refund granted will be at the local Customs and/or tax authorities’ sole discretion and we will not be responsible for any unsuccessful Refund claims.
- You acknowledge and agree that a Refund may be rejected by Global Blue and/or the local Customs and/or tax authority where:
- information provided by you is false, inaccurate, incorrect, insufficient, incomplete or misleading in any way or Global Blue suspects any illegal act, including fraud;
- you have received or have applied for another tax refund in relation to the same goods described in the TFS Form;
- the goods you have purchased have been wholly or partly used in the country in which you purchased the goods;
- the retailer has breached its contract towards Global Blue; or
- the local Customs/tax authority is of the opinion that you are not entitled to the Refund.
- The goods described on the TFS Form must match the goods that you have purchased and which will be exported out of the country of purchase. If you have any issues in relation to the goods, you must contact the retailer. Any applicable statutory consumer rights that apply to the goods you have purchased remain unaffected by these terms and conditions.
- In some countries, you will acquire the goods from us. Where this is the case it will be clear on the face of the TFS Form. For these purchases, we assign our legal rights in the goods to you. You agree not to take any action or in any way hold us liable for any loss or damage due to any defect in the goods, however, your legal rights will not be affected.
- The amount that you will receive as your Refund is equal to the amount of VAT/GST that you paid for the goods purchased, less the Global Blue service fee. In addition, if your Refund is:
- in cash, a cash fee may be deducted from your Refund. Please ask at the Global Blue refund point for further details as to whether a cash fee applies
- a non-cash refund in a currency different to the currency in which the TFS Form is issued then we will apply the current Global Blue ”we sell” rate (based on the “we sell” rate of a recognized European Retail Bank) plus 3 to 5 %, for the currency conversion. Credit card accounts will always be credited in accordance with Global Blue Tax Free Shopping Rules.
By signing the TFS Form or submitting it to be Refunded, you accept and expressly authorise that these fees are deducted by Global Blue from the VAT/GST amount refundable.
- The right to receive a refund and/or the rights and obligations detailed in a Tax Free Form cannot be assigned to another tax refund service provider.
- These terms are to be read with all local applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for complying with these rules. Please refer to the ‘Local Rules’.
- We have the right to amend and update these terms and conditions at any time
SHOP TAX FREE Programme Terms and Conditions
You agree to these terms and conditions (T&Cs) when you join the SHOP TAX FREE programme, managed by Global Blue SA, based in Switzerland.
Global Blue will provide a digital or plastic version of the SHOP TAX FREE card for you to use in retail stores.
When you use your SHOP TAX FREE card, if the retailer where you make your purchase is connected to our automated service, your personal data will automatically be added to the necessary documents in order to aid in the completion of your tax refund.
Tax refund transactions are always subject to terms and conditions as well as the relevant legislation in the country where you make your purchase. You will be informed separately of such conditions when you start a refund transaction.
In order to qualify for the SHOP TAX FREE T&Cs and the automated services described, you must provide full and correct personal data. You agree to inform Global Blue if your relevant personal data changes.
By joining the SHOP TAX FREE programme you confirm that you are aged 18 or over.
The current version of the T&Cs is always available at www.globalblue.com. Global Blue has the right to amend the T&Cs at any time and we will email you before such changes come into effect.
You have the right to immediately terminate your membership by informing Global Blue Customer Services. You will be removed from the SHOP TAX FREE program and will no longer receive member benefits, although you can still enjoy tax free shopping without being registered in the program.