Last weekend saw Canadian athletic apparel brand Lululemon open in the iconic Old Spitalfields Market, an east London landmark. We bring you our breakdown of all the things that make this new boutique Lululemon’s best London store yet.
1. This is Lululemon’s seventh London store and its first in east London.
2. The new boutique features retro fittings, vintage tiles and exposed copper piping, in keeping with the building’s heritage roots.
3. The new store has teamed up with British juice brand Press to introduce the first juice bar inside a Lululemon boutique – Press has even created an exclusive flavour, Lululemonade.
4. Yoga fans rejoice: every Sunday morning at 10.30am the store offers a complimentary hour-long Vinyasa yoga class.
5. Annie Clarke is a new in-store yoga ambassador for the Spitalfields store.
6. Steffy White is a new in-store yoga ambassador for the Spitalfields store.
7. 360-degree windows make the space super-light and airy – a perfect environment for yoga.
8. There’s a huge 1980s Pac-Man machine inside.
9. You’ll find a huge range of Lululemon apparel and Spitalfields is the first store in London that will stock the new Speed Wunder leggings and Energy Bra, made of Nulux. This new fabric from Lululemon offers serious support and ultra-flattering shaping; and, best of all, is light to wear and not at all clingy.
10. The store is open Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 8pm, Thursday to Saturday from 10am to 9pm and from midday to 6pm on Sunday.
Lululemon, Old Spitalfields Market, 109 Commercial Street, London E1 6EW, +44 (0)800 783 9249